Thursday, August 23, 2007

Time....what is it good for?

Grrrrrr! What was I thinking? Ok, obviously I wasn't thinking when I signed up for a Monday night class. I can't take class on Monday night, I have to TEACH a class on Monday night. That's when we have the PSAT prep class. And I can't afford to give up that $$. Soooo, when I finally realized that (about 3:00 this afternoon, yes, after I already wrote the first paper!), I went to see the dean of graduate studies. That was interesting. Anyway, the upshot is, I switched to a Tuesday night class (Issues Management), and as long as no one in real power "catches" me, I'll probably be ok. Technically, I should be taking the Comm Theory class first, but I'll just have to take it next fall.
Then, the dean introduced me to their guru of PR - that was great. She still has her own agency, and I talked with her about the program I'm doing - MA in PR and certificate in IR, and she had some recommendations. She agreed that this is the right way to go for marketability to the companies I'm interested in, but she said I'll need a language. So, what do you think? Dust off the high school French? Try something new? All 3 of my kids speak German, but I don't know if I want to work in Germany....And the Disney park is in France...Of course, she suggested Chinese - Oh my!
Anyway, then someone in my PR management class tonight had the syllabus for the Tuesday night class I'm switching to, and I think it's going to be more fun! There's only one major paper, and two presentations. I like that a LOT better! I just wish I didn't feel like I'm playing catch up all the time.

No comments: